Posted by Amanda Stein on 2023-07-05 | 1 minute read
Once a campaign is created, you cannot adjust the match types you have selected.
Amazon's Broad Keyword Selection
How effective is Amazon advertising phrase matching vs. exact or broad matching? There are several reasons why you may choose a phrase match for your campaign. It will still help you reach a broad selection of shoppers by narrowing the pool slightly and keeping the ad in relevant searches only.
Of all the Amazon keyword match types, this option is great for products and keywords that have specific features. For instance, if your keyword is “children’s clothes,” phrase match will ensure your ad doesn’t appear on searches for “children's shoes” or “teenaged clothes.”
Why Use Amazon Keyword Phrase Match?
You can choose this keyword match type when adding keywords manually by selecting it in the match type drop down menu. Once the campaign has been made, you will be unable to adjust the match types you have selected.
Frequently Asked Questions & Answers
- What is a match type in terms of Amazon keywords?
- Where can you find the match type when adding keywords manually?
- Can you adjust the match type once the campaign has been created?
- Why is it important to choose the correct match type when creating a campaign?
- Are there any guides or resources that explain how to use Amazon broad keywords?
- What happens if I choose the wrong match type for my campaign?
- Is the match type selection applicable to all kinds of Amazon campaigns?
- Where can I find the option to add keywords manually?
- What is the significance of Amazon broad keywords?
- Can the impact of choosing the wrong match type be reversed?
- Are there other match types apart from the broad keyword match type?
- What is the role of keywords in Amazon campaigns?
- How does the match type affect the cost of the campaign?
- Can multiple match types be selected for a single campaign?
- How can I maximize conversions and minimize costs in my Amazon campaign?
- Is there a way to change the match type after realizing a mistake post campaign creation?
- When is the best time to decide on the match type for my campaign?
- How can I learn more about how to use Amazon broad keywords?
- Can I use broad keywords for all my Amazon campaigns?
- What should I do if I selected the wrong match type for my campaign?
Answer: A match type is a selection you make when adding keywords manually on Amazon. It is an option selected from a drop-down menu.
Answer: The match type can be found in the drop-down menu when you are manually adding keywords to your Amazon campaign.
Answer: No, once the campaign has been made, you cannot adjust the match types you have selected.
Answer: The match type you choose directly impacts the visibility and reach of your campaign, so it's important to choose the correct one to maximize conversions and minimize costs.
Answer: Yes, you can refer to the guide titled "How to Use Amazon Broad Keywords" on Amazon's website.
Answer: If you choose the wrong match type, it could result in either a lower reach for your campaign or a higher cost per conversion.
Answer: The document does not specify, but usually, match type selection is a common feature across all keyword-based campaigns on Amazon.
Answer: The option to add keywords manually is typically found in the campaign creation or editing interface on Amazon's platform.
Answer: Amazon broad keywords can help increase the visibility of your campaign to a larger audience, potentially leading to higher sales and conversions.
Answer: The document does not specify, but generally, once a campaign is live, the match type cannot be changed, so the impact of choosing the wrong type cannot be reversed for that specific campaign.
Answer: The document does not specify other match types, but typically platforms like Amazon offer various match types such as exact, phrase, and broad.
Answer: Keywords in Amazon campaigns play a crucial role in determining the visibility of your products to potential customers.
Answer: The match type can affect the cost of the campaign by impacting the cost per conversion, depending on how broad or specific the chosen keywords are.
Answer: The document does not specify this, but typically, each keyword in a campaign can be assigned a specific match type.
Answer: By choosing the correct match type while setting up your campaign, you can aim to maximize conversions and minimize costs.
Answer: No, according to the document, once the campaign has been made, you cannot adjust the match types you have selected.
Answer: The best time to decide on the match type is during the manual keyword addition phase while setting up your campaign.
Answer: You can refer to the guide titled "How to Use Amazon Broad Keywords" on Amazon's website for more information.
Answer: The document does not specify limitations, but typically, the use of broad keywords depends on the specific goals and target audience of each campaign.
Answer: Unfortunately, once the campaign is created, the match type cannot be changed. You would need to make a new campaign with the correct match type.