Posted by Amanda Stein on 2023-07-05 | 1 minute read
Good campaign structure is critical in supporting your PPC optimization logic.
Tips for effective Amazon sellers
- Build a Strong Campaign Structure: Ensuring your campaign structure is well organized and logical can make all the difference in the performance of your ads.
- Consider Your Goals: Understand what you want to achieve with each campaign. This could be increased sales, better brand visibility, or improved product discovery, among others.
- Decide on ASINs per Campaign: Consider how many ASINs (Amazon Standard Identification Numbers) you want to include in each campaign. This number can vary depending on your strategic approach and the scope of your products.
- Create Multiple Ad Groups: To maximize your reach and targeting, it's beneficial to create multiple ad groups per campaign. This allows for more specific targeting and efficient ad delivery.
- Support Product Variants: If your products have different variations, make sure your campaign structure supports these. This could mean creating separate ad groups or campaigns for each variant.
- Utilize Amazon Manual Campaigns: Use exact, phrase, and broad keyword match types in your manual campaigns to reach your target customers more effectively.
- Leverage Amazon Auto Campaigns: Amazon's auto campaigns, including close match and loose match, can help you discover new keywords and optimize your campaigns.
- Experiment with Product Targeting Campaigns: Amazon's product targeting campaigns, like substitutes and complement campaigns, can help you reach customers who are looking at similar or complementary products.
- Explore Sponsored Brand Campaigns: Sponsored brand campaigns can help improve your brand visibility and discovery on Amazon.
- Try Headline Search Ads Campaigns: Headline search ads can help your products stand out in search results, attracting more potential customers.
- Use Product Display Ads Campaigns: Product display ads allow you to showcase your products on product detail pages, which can help increase conversions.
- Incorporate Video Ads Campaigns: Video ads can help tell your product's story in a more engaging and memorable way, increasing your chances of winning customers.
- Regularly Review and Optimize: Regularly review your campaign performance and make necessary adjustments to stay competitive.
- Test Different Strategies: Don't be afraid to test different strategies and see what works best for your products and your brand.
- Invest in High-Performing Campaigns: If you see certain campaigns or ad groups consistently performing well, consider increasing your investment in them.
- Understand Amazon's Ad Policies: Lastly, make sure you understand and follow Amazon's ad policies to avoid any potential issues or disruptions in your campaigns.
Building a Robust Amazon Campaign
One of the most crucial aspects impacting your advertising success is by having a good and solid campaign structure to support your Amazon campaign phrases and advertising tactics.
There are multiple campaign structure methods and we will discuss the best Amazon PPC campaign structure by far in our opinion.
The best structure is the optimal structure for the majority of sellers and can be easily created in Amazon Seller Central. This structure also supports the search term isolation methodology.
Why do you need a good Amazon PPC campaign structure?
A good Amazon PPC campaign structure is the foundation for achieving your advertising goals.
A good structure will allow you to:
- Analyze data
- Make the right decisions
- Optimize quickly, based on your advertising goals
It is important that your campaign structure supports your PPC optimization logic.
How to build a solid Amazon campaign structure?
The following tutorial explains how to build a solid Amazon campaign structure to support your advertising goals and brand awareness.
The video covers the following topics:
- Tips to build a good campaign structure.
- The different considerations when building your campaign structure.
- How many ASINs to include per campaign?
- What are the goals for each campaign?
- How many ad groups to create per campaign?
- How to support product variants in your campaign structure.
- Amazon manual campaigns (exact, phrase, and broad).
- Amazon auto campaigns (close match and loose match).
- Product targeting campaigns (Amazon substitutes and complement campaigns).
- Sponsored brand campaigns.
- Headline search ads campaigns.
- Product display ads campaigns.
- Video ads campaigns.
Frequently Asked Questions & Answers
- What are some tips to build a good campaign structure?
- What should be considered when building a campaign structure?
- How many ASINs should be included per campaign?
- What should be the goals for each campaign?
- How many ad groups should be created per campaign?
- How can product variants be supported in the campaign structure?
- What are Amazon manual campaigns?
- Can you describe Amazon auto campaigns?
- What are product targeting campaigns?
- What are sponsored brand campaigns?
- Can you explain headline search ads campaigns?
- What are product display ads campaigns?
- What are video ads campaigns?
- Why is it important to review and adjust your campaign structure?
- How can Amazon's auto campaigns save time and effort?
- Why might an advertiser choose to use a sponsored brand campaign?
- How do product display ads target customers?
- Why are video ads campaigns effective?
- What is the benefit of using Amazon manual campaigns?
- How can product variants be effectively included in a campaign structure?
Answer: Building a good campaign structure requires thorough understanding of your goals, a clear identification of your target audience, a well-planned budget, and effective communication strategies. It's also important to regularly review and adjust your campaign structure based on performance metrics.
Answer: When building a campaign structure, consider your goals, the number of ASINs to include, the number of ad groups to create, how to support product variants, and the type of Amazon campaign to use (manual, auto, product targeting, sponsored brand, headline search ads, product display ads, video ads).
Answer: The number of ASINs to include per campaign varies depending on the specific goals of the campaign. However, it's generally advisable to include multiple ASINs to broaden the scope of the campaign and increase the chances of success.
Answer: The goals for each campaign should align with your broader business objectives. This could include increasing brand awareness, driving sales, launching a new product, or targeting a specific audience segment.
Answer: The number of ad groups to create per campaign depends on the complexity and scale of the campaign. Each ad group should have a specific focus and target a specific segment of your audience.
Answer: Product variants can be supported in the campaign structure by creating separate ad groups for each variant. This allows for more precise targeting and better tracking of results.
Answer: Amazon manual campaigns allow advertisers to select the keywords they want to target, with options for exact, phrase, and broad matches. This offers more control over the campaign.
Answer: Amazon auto campaigns use Amazon's algorithms to target ads based on close match and loose match keywords. This can save time and effort in keyword selection.
Answer: Product targeting campaigns on Amazon allow advertisers to target specific products, categories, brands, or features. These can be particularly effective for promoting substitutes or complementary products.
Answer: Sponsored brand campaigns on Amazon allow advertisers to promote their brand and product portfolio. These campaigns feature a brand logo, a custom headline, and multiple products.
Answer: Headline search ads campaigns are a type of sponsored brand campaign that appear at the top of Amazon search results, featuring a brand logo, a custom headline, and multiple products.
Answer: Product display ads campaigns are cost-per-click (CPC) campaigns that display ads on product detail pages, customer review pages, and more. They target customers based on specific products or interests.
Answer: Video ads campaigns on Amazon allow advertisers to showcase their brand and products through video content. These ads can appear on Amazon's website, apps, and streaming devices.
Answer: Regularly reviewing and adjusting your campaign structure is essential to ensure that it remains effective. This allows you to identify and rectify any issues, and to optimize the campaign based on performance metrics.
Answer: Amazon's auto campaigns use Amazon's algorithms to automatically select keywords based on close match and loose match. This saves advertisers the time and effort of manually selecting and adjusting keywords.
Answer: An advertiser might choose to use a sponsored brand campaign to increase brand visibility and awareness, promote multiple products together, and to have a custom headline that communicates their brand message.
Answer: Product display ads target customers based on specific products or interests. They can appear on product detail pages, customer review pages, and more, reaching customers when they're likely to be interested in similar products.
Answer: Video ads campaigns are effective because they engage customers with dynamic content, showcasing the brand and products in action. They can reach customers on various platforms, including Amazon's website, apps, and streaming devices.
Answer: The benefit of using Amazon manual campaigns is the control it gives advertisers over keyword selection. They can choose exact, phrase, or broad match keywords, allowing them to target their ads precisely.
Answer: Product variants can be effectively included in a campaign structure by creating separate ad groups for each variant. This enables more precise targeting, and allows for better tracking of the performance of each variant.