Posted by Amanda Stein on 2023-07-05 | 3 minute read
The more shoppers buy from you, your ACos goes down and your profits go up and you rank better on Amazon.
Tips for effective Amazon sellers
- Rewrite your product descriptions: Make your product descriptions more enticing to shoppers. They are a key part of your product's presentation.
- Study up on keyword strategies: Understand the different types of keyword strategies and how they can benefit your product listing.
- Utilize negative keyword targeting: This strategy ensures that only interested buyers end up on your Amazon listings.
- Understand your Amazon PPC average conversion rate: Your conversion rate will depend on the types of products you’re selling, the keywords you're bidding on, and the quality of your advertising copy.
- Choose the right types of products: What you sell affects your conversion rate, so choose products that have a high demand and low competition.
- Bid on the right keywords: The keywords you bid on impact who sees your products, so choose keywords that are highly relevant to your products.
- Improve your advertising copy: The quality of your advertising copy can influence the buying process. Make sure your copy is clear, concise, and compelling.
- Pay attention to other factors influencing the buying process: This could include factors such as price, customer reviews, product images, and shipping options.
- Ensure quality across the board: This includes the quality of your products, keywords, and content.
- Continuously monitor and optimize your campaigns: Regularly review your PPC campaigns to ensure they are performing well and make adjustments as needed.
- Stay updated with Amazon's policies and changes: Amazon frequently updates its policies and algorithms. Staying updated will help you navigate any changes smoothly.
- Optimize your product listings: This includes updating product images, titles, bullet points, and descriptions to appeal to your target audience.
- Understand your competition: Knowing who your competitors are and what they offer can help you differentiate your products and stand out.
- Use Amazon's tools: Amazon provides a variety of tools to help sellers succeed. Utilize these tools to gain insights and optimize your listings.
- Provide excellent customer service: Respond to customer queries promptly and professionally, and handle returns and refunds gracefully.
- Regularly review your sales performance: Use Amazon's sales reports to track your performance and identify areas for improvement.
Boost Amazon Sales with PPC, Keywords & FBA
Your Amazon Conversion Rate is the percentage of how many shoppers click on your Ad and also complete a specific action. Conversion is the main goal in your PPC strategy. You want to optimize your conversion rate and reduce your cost per conversion by getting the maximum percentage of potential customers to make that conversion.
What is CVR (Amazon Conversion Rate)?
An Amazon Conversion is when your PPC Ad, promoted by CVR marketing efforts, is clicked and the action is completed. These actions include adding an item to the cart or completing a purchase..
Your Amazon conversion rate is found under Reports > Business Reports > “Sales and Traffic”. You will see “Order Session Percentage” – this is another way to describe CVR.
The conversion rate formula can be calculated by dividing the number of orders by the number of visits.
For instance, if you get 300 clicks on an ad that result in 10 sales, the CVR formula would be (10/300) * 100 = 3%.
How to Calculate Your Conversion Rate
The CVR is always in direct opposite correlation to your ACoS. When your conversion rate goes up, then your ACoS will go down and vise versa.
Average CVR rates differ greatly depending on the product category. It’s crucial that you are aware of average CVRs for your market so that you can assess your success properly in the context of other businesses in your field.
CVR Rule of Thumb
One of the key metrics for sellers is the CVR because:
- It shows you whether people are clicking on your ad but do not follow through with a purchase.
- It will determine your ad’s ranking.
CVR gives you an idea of how many people lose interest in your product after clicking on your ad. While your ads might be effective, your listing pages might not be.
Also, having an excellent CVR will help you improve your ad’s ranking. Amazon uses this ranking to determine how your ad will be displayed.
CVR (Amazon Conversion Rates) — and Why Are They Important?
CVR’s differ depending on product category. If you think your CVR or total number of conversions is particularly low for your category, there are a few ways you can try to improve the figure.
What Is a Good Conversion Rate?
How to Increase Sales on Amazon?
Something you can do is lower the price of your product. One reason that shoppers click an ad but fail to make a purchase is that the price is too high compared to other similar products.
You could also try rewriting your product description to make it more enticing to shoppers. Study up on keyword strategies, such as negative [keyword targeting](amazon-negative-keyword-targeting.html#how-can-you-use-negative-keyword-targeting), to ensure that only interested buyers end up on your Amazon listings.
Compelling Product Descriptions
Your Amazon PPC average conversion rate will depend on the types of products you’re selling, what keywords you are bidding on, the quality of your advertising copy, and other factors that influence the buying process.
Quality - Products, Keywords, and Content
Increase your conversion rates quickly and easily simply by signing up for FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon). Your products will show as Prime-eligible and therefore, perceived as more trustworthy and secure.
Sign Up and Take Part in FBA
Most shops selling on Amazon will offer the standard offer, similar to most of their competitors, such as free shipping, free trial, free consultation ect. Try to come up with something more creative and compelling.
Make a Unique Offer
Finally, you could try encouraging previous shoppers to leave reviews to improve your product’s rating.
So, CVR, in a nutshell, is like this… …
The conversion rate is how many potential shoppers click on your PPC ad and also make the conversion and buy your product.
Calculate CVR % like this: (Number of Orders / Number of Visits) * 100
And remember that the more shoppers buy from you, your ACos goes down and your profits go up and you rank better on Amazon.
Frequently Asked Questions & Answers
- What is one strategy to make product descriptions more appealing to shoppers on Amazon?
- What is negative keyword targeting?
- On which factors does the Amazon PPC average conversion rate depend?
- How can signing up for FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) impact conversion rates?
- What is the significance of using keyword strategies in product descriptions?
- How does the quality of advertising copy affect conversion rates?
- Why is it beneficial for products to show as Prime-eligible on Amazon?
- What is meant by the quality of products in the context of Amazon PPC?
- What role do keywords play in Amazon PPC?
- How does the type of product being sold affect the conversion rate?
Answer: One strategy is to rewrite your product descriptions to make it more enticing. This could involve using persuasive language, highlighting the product's unique features, and incorporating relevant keywords.
Answer: Negative keyword targeting is a strategy that helps ensure only interested buyers end up on your Amazon listings. It involves identifying and using keywords that are not related to your product so that your ads don't appear in irrelevant searches.
Answer: The Amazon PPC average conversion rate depends on factors such as the types of products you’re selling, the keywords you are bidding on, the quality of your advertising copy, and other elements that influence the buying process.
Answer: Signing up for FBA can quickly and easily increase your conversion rates. This is because your products will show as Prime-eligible, which customers often perceive as more trustworthy and secure.
Answer: Using keyword strategies in product descriptions can improve the visibility of the product in search results, attracting more potential buyers and increasing the chances of purchase.
Answer: The quality of advertising copy can greatly affect conversion rates. If the copy is engaging, compelling, and clearly highlights the benefits of the product, it can improve the chances of a potential buyer making a purchase.
Answer: Products that show as Prime-eligible are often perceived as more trustworthy and secure by customers. This can increase the likelihood of purchases, thus boosting conversion rates.
Answer: In the context of Amazon PPC, the quality of products refers to their value, functionality, and relevance to the customer. High-quality products are more likely to be purchased, leading to a higher conversion rate.
Answer: Keywords play a crucial role in Amazon PPC. They determine which searches your ads will appear in. Choosing the right keywords can help attract more interested buyers to your listings.
Answer: The type of product being sold can greatly affect the conversion rate. Some products naturally have a broader appeal or are in higher demand, leading to higher conversion rates.